The Sri Lankan Information Minister Keheliya Rambukwelle has revealed that the country has secured a loan of
He has also said that the Cabinet of Ministers has approved the loan proposal as well.
He has further said that the Government will provide the remaining amount of
The regional lender s loan carries an annual interest rate of 2%, with repayment period and grace period of 25 years and 5 years respectively.
The country will utilize these funds to improve and maintain roads in
Once the complete project is accomplished in 2020, the provincial and local authorities will have 2,200-km of access roads that have undergone improvements and converted into 'all weather' type and maintained for a seven-year period. The completion of the project will facilitate the country to have 400-km of national roads as well.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare