The Sri Lankan Information Minister Keheliya Rambukwelle has revealed that the country has secured a loan of
He has also said that the Cabinet of Ministers has approved the loan proposal as well.
He has further said that the Government will provide the remaining amount of
The regional lender s loan carries an annual interest rate of 2%, with repayment period and grace period of 25 years and 5 years respectively.
The country will utilize these funds to improve and maintain roads in
Once the complete project is accomplished in 2020, the provincial and local authorities will have 2,200-km of access roads that have undergone improvements and converted into 'all weather' type and maintained for a seven-year period. The completion of the project will facilitate the country to have 400-km of national roads as well.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World