The Sri Lankan Information Minister Keheliya Rambukwelle has revealed that the country has secured a loan of
He has also said that the Cabinet of Ministers has approved the loan proposal as well.
He has further said that the Government will provide the remaining amount of
The regional lender s loan carries an annual interest rate of 2%, with repayment period and grace period of 25 years and 5 years respectively.
The country will utilize these funds to improve and maintain roads in
Once the complete project is accomplished in 2020, the provincial and local authorities will have 2,200-km of access roads that have undergone improvements and converted into 'all weather' type and maintained for a seven-year period. The completion of the project will facilitate the country to have 400-km of national roads as well.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100