Nihilent Nigeria, a global consulting and solutions integration company recently held a forum on optimising information technology (IT) standards implementation.
The event which took place in
A statement at the weekend revealed that the event witnessed participation from most of the leading banks in
The CBN mandate all banks to adopt 17 IT standards/frameworks across different technology areas. This raised an important issue of optimal sequence of implementing the processes under each standard.
"Banks and financial institutions are looking for a solution that not only addresses regulatory compliance but also improve operational efficiency, install a robust regulatory information management system, and follow effective risk management practices.
"The seminar focused on providing a brief on the mandatory frameworks, commonalities and differences, and the adoption of an integrated approach to optimise efforts, reduce cost and meet CBN timelines," it added.
Welcoming the participants, the Chairman Nihilent Nigeria, Mr.
The Assistant Director, Banking and Payment System, CBN, Mr.
Also, the Vice-President, Quality and Processes at Nihilent, Mr.
"So it is essential to identify the same at the beginning of this improvement journey and build optimised Quality Management System. This can result in significant effort and cost saving and also help in meeting CBN timeline," he added.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries