"The MOM spacecraft has finished a distance of approximately 510 million kilometres on its heliocentric arc towards Mars Capture. With this, three fourth of the journey to mars has been completed," Isro updated on its social media page.
MOM is carrying compact science experiments, of a total mass of 15 kg. The five pay loads are of the Layman Alpha Photometer (LAP), Methane Sensor for MARS (MES), Martian Exospheric Composition Explorer (MENCA), MARS Colour Camera (MCC) and TIR imaging spectrometer (TIS). Mars Orbiter Spacecraft was launched onboard PSLV-C25 on
Isro has been continuously monitoring the spacecraft using its Deep Space Network, complemented by that of NASA-JPL. The
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton