The Malawian Parliament has given its approval to the country s government to take a loan worth
The Minister of Finance and Economic Planning- Goodall Gondwe on Thursday has revealed that the IDA loan, which will be refunded by a 40-year period, will facilitate the country to deliver support for making provisions for superior and relevant education courses, intended to be provided via Open Distance Learning (ODL).
He further stated, This loan will facilitate the increase in enrolment and engendering of ODL programmes as well as increasing intake at the higher learning institutions.
The Malawian Minister has added that they hope that the new credit facility will go a long way to support development of new infrastructure and facilities at the public colleges, as well as planning and modification of curricula, staff enhancement and procurement of teaching and learning materials.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia