Kerry says suggestions of a "parallel government" in
Afghan official released preliminary election results Monday showing former finance minister
But millions of ballots are being checked for fraud and a spokesman for Ahmadzai's opponent,
Kerry says he expects Afghan electoral institutions to conduct a full review of all reasonable allegations of irregularities.
But he says there is no justification for violence or threats of extralegal action.
He called on leaders to maintain calm.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders