In the Sprint Cup team owners' quest for a better financial model, a businessman shall lead them.
In seeking reaction from the other eight Sprint Cup organizations and their owners, all deferred comment to Kauffman, an entrepreneur who founded the
After 15 years with the hedge-fund and private-equity firm,
Kauffman, 50, an automobile enthusiast who has raced the 24 Hours of Le Mans and owns a vintage car restoration company, invested heavily in MWR eight years ago when the fledgling Sprint Cup team was on the brink of financial collapse.
The organization since has scored seven wins and appeared in the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
It contracted to two full-time cars this year after weathering the departure of sponsor NAPA because of a team-orders scandal at
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields