The project will improve customs administration and standardization and modernize the public sector by strengthening government capacity and effectiveness in service delivery.
"Without public sector reform, we cannot effectively create the vibrant business environment needed to expand our economy and provide real opportunities for jobs and investment to secure our future," said
"Together with the Jamaican government and development partners, we are working to help drive necessary reforms that will increase efficiency and maximize the use of available resources to create a more vibrant business environment and boost the economy," said Sophie Sirtaine, World Bank Country Director for the
Specifically, the Strategic Public Sector Transformation project will:
- Strengthen the Public Investment Management System and improve monitoring through citizens' participation;
- Implement Results-Based Budgeting to make more efficient and strategic allocation of resources for public investments;
- Roll out new standard operating procedures for customs to reduce the time and lower transaction costs for trading internationally; and
- Strengthen the
This project is financed by an
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140708-30FurigayJane-4789300 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia