IOM said displaced people were worst affected.
"Evidence from past disasters, both man-made and natural, in
"Mass displacement of people has also impacted the delivery of critical services, like HIB and TB care, by health workers. Effective communication plays a vital role in the planning, response and recovery of humanitarian emergency activities," he added.
He said IOM had developed Information Education and Communication (IEC) material for disaster affected communities and host communities to promote health and to control communicable diseases.
Meanwhile, the two-day workshop is aimed at establishing a common understanding of the important role of communication in health humanitarian emergencies, at reaching a consensus on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges of communicating in emergencies, and to agree on actions, mechanisms and structures needed to enhance emergency communication in
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American