IOM said displaced people were worst affected.
"Evidence from past disasters, both man-made and natural, in
"Mass displacement of people has also impacted the delivery of critical services, like HIB and TB care, by health workers. Effective communication plays a vital role in the planning, response and recovery of humanitarian emergency activities," he added.
He said IOM had developed Information Education and Communication (IEC) material for disaster affected communities and host communities to promote health and to control communicable diseases.
Meanwhile, the two-day workshop is aimed at establishing a common understanding of the important role of communication in health humanitarian emergencies, at reaching a consensus on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges of communicating in emergencies, and to agree on actions, mechanisms and structures needed to enhance emergency communication in
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go