International donors have expressed their confidence over the education voucher scheme of
This has been disclosed in an aide memoire submitted to planning and development department by
The aide memoire has reviewed the implementation progress of Second Punjab Education Sector Reform Program and assessed the achievement of the project's ten Disbursement Linked Indicators (DLIs) in education sector.
The aide memoire mentioned that PEF distributed and registered over 50 thousand additional vouchers in education-wise backward districts during the last financial year 2013-14 to beneficiary out of school/dropout children of 6-16 year of age; thus raising the total number to over two lakh against the target of one lakh and 75 thousand. The aide memoire expresses the satisfaction that PEF distributed vouchers to the students who were verified in schools and through households; dual verification was carried out to update beneficiaries' database.
It also mentioned that PEF vouchers have special security features including physical verification of beneficiary students and their attendance records at schools.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore