The company said it saw an increase of two per cent in ammonia production amounting to 227,000 tonnes, an increase of 3.5pc in methanol production to 225,000 tonnes and an increase of 7pc in the production of urea to 360,000 tonnes.
GPIC president Dr
"Export operations are also going smoothly and completely unhindered according to the marketing plan and contractual obligations," he added.
Dr Jawahery said the achievements happened despite many challenges as a result of fluctuations in the global market, with regard to the balance of supply and demand on one hand, and intense competition in terms of the availability of materials intended for export to the producers on the other hand. The board of directors of the company reviewed and approved the performance during a meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays