Gold futures for August are down
On Thursday, gold futures ended down
While positive global equity markets and a stronger dollar dragged down the yellow metal, last week's dovish remarks from central bankers in European and the US have provided some support.
Silver for September is down
Meanwhile, copper is down
Traders will be looking ahead to a slew of Fed speeches and the minutes of the June FOMC meeting.
Among the important data due for release this week are the weekly jobless claims report, data on wholesale inventories for May and Federal Reserve's consumer credit report for May.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8