Gold futures for August are down
On Thursday, gold futures ended down
While positive global equity markets and a stronger dollar dragged down the yellow metal, last week's dovish remarks from central bankers in European and the US have provided some support.
Silver for September is down
Meanwhile, copper is down
Traders will be looking ahead to a slew of Fed speeches and the minutes of the June FOMC meeting.
Among the important data due for release this week are the weekly jobless claims report, data on wholesale inventories for May and Federal Reserve's consumer credit report for May.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare