Suspected internet fraudsters have reportedly hacked into
Men of Ogun State Police Command are investigating the multi-million Naira fraud.
Sunday Vanguard gathered that the internet fraud prompted a team of armed mobile policemen to storm the branch of
The security operatives reportedly arrived the bank premises about
Sources told our correspondent that the team was led by the Senior Special Adviser on Security to Governor
The source further said that customers , especially those who had wanted to use the Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) within the bank premises took to their heels while sighting the policemen.
It was learnt that the bank staff engaged the policemen in argument and were reluctant to release their manager for about two hours.
An official of the bank, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Sunday Vanguard that a senior official was later taken to the Ibara Divisional Police Station, Abeokuta to write a statement.
Sunday Vanguard gathered that the bank official was released immediately he wrote his statement while some other officials of the
The state Commissioner for Finance, Mrs.
But in a telephone interview with our correspondent the state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Alhaji Yusuph Olaniyonu, confirmed the incident.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment