The company said it had completed its scheduled refurbishment of its pellet line number 3 in the third quarter.
Pellet production from its own ore rose 2.5% to 5.2 million tonnes from 5.1 million tonnes in the previous year. Production of higher grade 65% iron pellets from its own ore rose 10.8% compared to the previous year.
Pellet production from third party materials declined to 155,700 tonnes from 160,900 tonnes in the previous year.
Total pellet production rose to 5.4 million tonnes compared to 5.2 million tonnes in the previous year.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause