The provincial governments have identified sites for Universal Telecentres (UTC) as per their share which is being determined by teams of
A presentation to Prime Minister, on implementation of a project of setting up 500 Universal Telecentres (UTC) across four provinces and Islamabad Capital Territory, is being scheduled as fast track implementation of the project will start once PM's approval is received.
They said Universal Telecentres will be located at easily accessible locations powered through solar energy solution; also connected to internet and equipped with desktops/laptops connected to broadband Internet.
The sources said UTC are proposed to be located at sites mutually decided by Federal and Provincial governments and added the percentage distribution of sites for each province will be based on 7th NFC Award i.e. Punjab 51.74 percent (259), Sindh 24.55 percent (123), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 14.62 percent (73) and
With regard to other services at UTCs, the sources said these would be
Each UTC would be equipped with ten computers including licensed operating system & anti- virus software, printer, scanners and also a solar system.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence