The provincial governments have identified sites for Universal Telecentres (UTC) as per their share which is being determined by teams of
A presentation to Prime Minister, on implementation of a project of setting up 500 Universal Telecentres (UTC) across four provinces and Islamabad Capital Territory, is being scheduled as fast track implementation of the project will start once PM's approval is received.
They said Universal Telecentres will be located at easily accessible locations powered through solar energy solution; also connected to internet and equipped with desktops/laptops connected to broadband Internet.
The sources said UTC are proposed to be located at sites mutually decided by Federal and Provincial governments and added the percentage distribution of sites for each province will be based on 7th NFC Award i.e. Punjab 51.74 percent (259), Sindh 24.55 percent (123), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 14.62 percent (73) and
With regard to other services at UTCs, the sources said these would be
Each UTC would be equipped with ten computers including licensed operating system & anti- virus software, printer, scanners and also a solar system.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Law Lets Users Unlock Cellphones
- Reno Gigafactory No Cinch to Land Tesla Plant
- Body Parts Retrieved at MH17 Crash Site
- Government Meets Goal for Small-business Contracts
- Motorists Get Rare Summer Break on Gas Prices
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA