Flows into exchange-traded funds (ETF) and exchange-traded product, (ETPs) listed globally hit a new record high of
The ETF is an investment fund traded on stock exchanges, much like stocks, while ETPs include exchange-traded funds and exchange-traded notes.
The ETFs and ETPs gathered
Net flows combined with positive market performance during the first half pushed assets in the global ETF/ETP industry to a new record high of
stated the Global ETF and ETP industry insights report.
The ETF/ETP industry in most countries and regions reached new record highs in assets at the end of second quarter, including: in the US (
"In June investors invested almost all net new money into equity exposures with the US and emerging markets being the preferred allocations. The S&P 500 index ended up 7 per cent at the end of the second quarter, closing at an all-time high (1963) on
"Internationally, developed markets gained 2 per cent and emerging markets are up 4 per cent. The positive equity market performance has helped to improve investor confidence during the first half of 2014," she stated.
At the end of Q2 ETFs/ETPs had gathered a record level of
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day