Flows into exchange-traded funds (ETF) and exchange-traded product, (ETPs) listed globally hit a new record high of
The ETF is an investment fund traded on stock exchanges, much like stocks, while ETPs include exchange-traded funds and exchange-traded notes.
The ETFs and ETPs gathered
Net flows combined with positive market performance during the first half pushed assets in the global ETF/ETP industry to a new record high of
stated the Global ETF and ETP industry insights report.
The ETF/ETP industry in most countries and regions reached new record highs in assets at the end of second quarter, including: in the US (
"In June investors invested almost all net new money into equity exposures with the US and emerging markets being the preferred allocations. The S&P 500 index ended up 7 per cent at the end of the second quarter, closing at an all-time high (1963) on
"Internationally, developed markets gained 2 per cent and emerging markets are up 4 per cent. The positive equity market performance has helped to improve investor confidence during the first half of 2014," she stated.
At the end of Q2 ETFs/ETPs had gathered a record level of
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go