THE government has agreed to sell to
Briefing journalists in Dar es Salaam on Friday at the end of his two-day work visit to
"Last season (2013/14),
Information gathered from across the regions recently indicates that this year as well, another bumper harvest will be recorded possibly with much higher self sufficiency ratio," Chiza explained.
He added that there was no reason to turn down the request by a neighbour (
However, the minister does not play down chances for illegal cross-border trade of grain but insisted that authorities on both sides had agreed to work closely to make sure that proper revenue collection procedures were observed as efforts to establish a zonal market near Himo area in Kilimanjaro region were underway.
It was revealed that maize from
The most preferred and aromatic types of rice are locally known as sindano, tule na bwana, shingo ya mwali, nikamate sawa among others. Farmers will be assisted to secure proper markets.
Commenting on the need to strengthen the South-South Cooperation initiative and expansion of the regional market,
"The state of instability in
In the long run
According to Kenyan authorities, the need to procure maize from
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say