Taiwanese mobile operator
CHT is seeking to formulate fixed-line broadband services to support download speeds of 100 Mbps and above, faced with competition from 4G services.
The operator's fixed-line broadband network includes 85 percent of
Lately, CHT has introduced 4G mobile services on a 1800MHz band, and it projects to set aside a 900MHz band for 4G in the second half of next year. The two bands would be amalgamated for a continuous bandwidth of 20 MHz through carrier aggregation technology, raisng download speeds to 140Mbps and uploads to 40 Mbps.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007