Taiwanese mobile operator
CHT is seeking to formulate fixed-line broadband services to support download speeds of 100 Mbps and above, faced with competition from 4G services.
The operator's fixed-line broadband network includes 85 percent of
Lately, CHT has introduced 4G mobile services on a 1800MHz band, and it projects to set aside a 900MHz band for 4G in the second half of next year. The two bands would be amalgamated for a continuous bandwidth of 20 MHz through carrier aggregation technology, raisng download speeds to 140Mbps and uploads to 40 Mbps.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say