Taiwanese mobile operator
CHT is seeking to formulate fixed-line broadband services to support download speeds of 100 Mbps and above, faced with competition from 4G services.
The operator's fixed-line broadband network includes 85 percent of
Lately, CHT has introduced 4G mobile services on a 1800MHz band, and it projects to set aside a 900MHz band for 4G in the second half of next year. The two bands would be amalgamated for a continuous bandwidth of 20 MHz through carrier aggregation technology, raisng download speeds to 140Mbps and uploads to 40 Mbps.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant