Taiwanese mobile operator
CHT is seeking to formulate fixed-line broadband services to support download speeds of 100 Mbps and above, faced with competition from 4G services.
The operator's fixed-line broadband network includes 85 percent of
Lately, CHT has introduced 4G mobile services on a 1800MHz band, and it projects to set aside a 900MHz band for 4G in the second half of next year. The two bands would be amalgamated for a continuous bandwidth of 20 MHz through carrier aggregation technology, raisng download speeds to 140Mbps and uploads to 40 Mbps.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel