A: King Digital, better known as the maker of the Candy Crushgame for mobile phones, is turning into a winner for investors.
Shares of the company have soared almost 14% over the past three months, easily topping the 7.1% increase by the Standard & Poor's 500. Bullish investors are encouraged by the fact the stock is crawling back toward the initial offering price set at
Much of the sudden increase in King Digital shares has to do with behind-the-scenes trading factors, says
Bearish investors have bet heavily against the stock. The number of shares being bet against is nearly half the 10.8 million shares available for trading, Bhatia says. That means when bearish investors buy the stock, to close out their bets at the end of the quarter, it caused the stock to rise temporarily.
King Digital may also be benefiting from a rise in shares of rival Blu Mobile following the release of its popular
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays