Crude oil for August delivery are currently down
Oil prices eased after
The ports at Ras Lanuf and Al-Sidra ship 560,000 barrels of crude per day, about 40% of the country's 1.3 million barrels a day of export capacity to global energy markets.
Prices also softened as Islamic insurgents in
The Canadian dollar fell to an 8-day low of 1.0693 against the US dollar and a 5-day low of 1.4547 against the euro, from early highs of 1.0675 and 1.4524, respectively. At yesterday's close, the loonie was trading at 1.0682 against the greenback and 1.4533 against the euro. If the loonie extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around 1.07 versus the greenback and 1.46 versus the euro.
Against the Australian dollar, the loonie slipped to a 5-day low of 1.0037 from an early high of 1.0003. The pair was quoted at 1.0009 at yesterday's close. The loonie may find support near the 1.01 region.
A survey by the
Pulling away from an early high of 95.37 against the yen, the loonie dropped to a 1-week low of 95.18. The loonie-yen pair closed yesterday's deals at 95.06. On the downside, the loonie may find support around the 94.77 area.
Data from the
Looking ahead, the EU finance ministers meeting will be held in
The US consumer credit for May is set to be released in the
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100