Crude oil for August delivery are currently down
Oil prices eased after
The ports at Ras Lanuf and Al-Sidra ship 560,000 barrels of crude per day, about 40% of the country's 1.3 million barrels a day of export capacity to global energy markets.
Prices also softened as Islamic insurgents in
The Canadian dollar fell to an 8-day low of 1.0693 against the US dollar and a 5-day low of 1.4547 against the euro, from early highs of 1.0675 and 1.4524, respectively. At yesterday's close, the loonie was trading at 1.0682 against the greenback and 1.4533 against the euro. If the loonie extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around 1.07 versus the greenback and 1.46 versus the euro.
Against the Australian dollar, the loonie slipped to a 5-day low of 1.0037 from an early high of 1.0003. The pair was quoted at 1.0009 at yesterday's close. The loonie may find support near the 1.01 region.
A survey by the
Pulling away from an early high of 95.37 against the yen, the loonie dropped to a 1-week low of 95.18. The loonie-yen pair closed yesterday's deals at 95.06. On the downside, the loonie may find support around the 94.77 area.
Data from the
Looking ahead, the EU finance ministers meeting will be held in
The US consumer credit for May is set to be released in the
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go