Speaking to reporters at the ongoing 38th Dar es Salaam International Trade Fair (DITF), Commission's officials said their major target is to protect and promote competition in markets and protect consumers from unfair and misleading market conduct.
The FCC Director General pointed out that the commission is determined to ensure that it executes its functions as provided by the Fair Competition Act.
"We are looking forward to continuing serving Tanzanians with great zeal, and we therefore appeal to the general public to join forces with the commission to ensure that our goals are easily attainable," he insisted.
The Director of Anticounterfeit Division in the commission, Mr John Mbonela Ringo said that due to stringent efforts made by the commission, counterfeit goods amounting to 4.2bn/- have been destroyed since 2007.
He insisted that
The Director of Compliance Division, Dr
According to the director, the division deals with enforcement of legislative provisions relating to restrictive business practices--abuse of domination position, business agreement cartels, mergers and acquisition that lead to impediment to the competition.
In the recent years, he said, over 100 containers of different low quality goods were seized, but with increased inspections at all entry points particularly in ports, the number declined.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight