Financial institutions operating in
Banks eliminated 2,969 positions, or 2.65 percent of the total, in 2013, with 109,023 people on financial institutions' payrolls at the end of the year, the AEB said in its annual statistics report.
Spanish banks operated 13,867 branches as of
Of the 88 national banks operating in
Some 106,969 of the 109,023 people employed by banks were working in
The majority of bank employees - 102,531 - were on the payrolls of Spanish banks, while 6,127 worked for European banks and 365 were employed by non-EU institutions. EFE
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia