It is one of the world's most popular TV series and it is planning to film its next series in a country with one of the worst jobless rates in
More than 10,000 Spaniards have applied to work as extras in the show, part of which is to be shot in southern
"Thank you for wanting to participate," said Fresco Film Services. "In less than 24 hours we have received more than 10,000 requests." A spokesman said Fresco had already met its requirements for technicians.
The casting is only for extras, not for speaking parts. The firm says its confidentiality agreement with the producer HBO prevents it from revealing more details.
Casting of extras takes place in September and the shoot is expected to begin in October. Various locations around
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad