The global forecast for the Asian markets lacks clarity, conviction and catalysts as markets in
The SCI finished slightly lower on Friday following losses among the port operators and a mixed bag from the financial shares.
For the day, the index fell 3.85 points or 0.19 percent to finish at 2,059.37 after trading between 2,054.22 and 2,065.08 on turnover of
Among the actives,
The lead from the European markets suggests mild consolidation after closing off the week on a down note to finish a three-day rally.
The markets had moved higher last week, spurred by better than expected U.S. employment data and dovish talk from central banks in
But investors took the opportunity to lock in gains by the week's end, unwilling to leave too much money on the table over the weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight