China is now the research and development center for many foreign multinationals, the head of a leading technology company in the country says.
Gui Luoning, president of
"I think the main focus of many multinationals is to spend money on research and development in
"You might not have the people with skills you don't see elsewhere, but you are in a place where you have problems you want to solve and develop the technology for."
The company's labs in
Gui, who has been with the company since 1996, says there is no doubt about the importance of the market with clients such as
Bell also works with
"If you are talking about
"We have an understanding of the issues of these companies and some of the best thinkers and minds in the world."
"Most of our staff are Chinese and 100 percent of them have PhDs from not only the top universities in
"We no longer tend to bring in expats for four or five years. We are more project-based and bring people in from outside when we need them."
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza