China is now the research and development center for many foreign multinationals, the head of a leading technology company in the country says.
Gui Luoning, president of
"I think the main focus of many multinationals is to spend money on research and development in
"You might not have the people with skills you don't see elsewhere, but you are in a place where you have problems you want to solve and develop the technology for."
The company's labs in
Gui, who has been with the company since 1996, says there is no doubt about the importance of the market with clients such as
Bell also works with
"If you are talking about
"We have an understanding of the issues of these companies and some of the best thinkers and minds in the world."
"Most of our staff are Chinese and 100 percent of them have PhDs from not only the top universities in
"We no longer tend to bring in expats for four or five years. We are more project-based and bring people in from outside when we need them."
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders