The show called "Making a Classic Modern" features architect
Gehry's challenge was to expand the building without radically altering its elegant exterior. The neoclassical landmark has grand columns and a wide staircase made famous by the movie "Rocky."
His plan creates more gallery space through extensive interior changes. He also suggested removing some of the "Rocky" steps to install a seating area and window into the museum.
Officials haven't yet approved that idea. But overall, they say the renovations will allow visitors to see more art and navigate the building more easily.
Gehry also designed the
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips