The show called "Making a Classic Modern" features architect
Gehry's challenge was to expand the building without radically altering its elegant exterior. The neoclassical landmark has grand columns and a wide staircase made famous by the movie "Rocky."
His plan creates more gallery space through extensive interior changes. He also suggested removing some of the "Rocky" steps to install a seating area and window into the museum.
Officials haven't yet approved that idea. But overall, they say the renovations will allow visitors to see more art and navigate the building more easily.
Gehry also designed the
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel