The Eurozone has a major investment deficit, said Coeure, a member of the ECB's executive board, adding that governments must also "invest in
Saying the current economic situation of high debt, high unemployment and weak growth was very worrying, Coeure told an economic conference in southern
" But this should not be done by "piling more debt on old debt", he said, urging euro zone states to ensure flexibility to implement the bloc's stability pact is based on reforms that have been proven or carried out, not just on pledges.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor