A new forecast by
Oil and gas, healthcare and banking make up the three largest portions of this year's expected payouts, making up £12.6bn, £10.4bn and £10bn respectively.
Despite the strength of the sector generally,
Special dividends are also expected to make up a significant portion of this year's total, with the one-off premiums raising the total to £81.82bn this year.
House builders are also expected to be among the sectors paying out more, given the rapid increase in property prices in the last year. Similarly, estate agents have benefitted from the market's recovery, and
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention