A new forecast by
Oil and gas, healthcare and banking make up the three largest portions of this year's expected payouts, making up £12.6bn, £10.4bn and £10bn respectively.
Despite the strength of the sector generally,
Special dividends are also expected to make up a significant portion of this year's total, with the one-off premiums raising the total to £81.82bn this year.
House builders are also expected to be among the sectors paying out more, given the rapid increase in property prices in the last year. Similarly, estate agents have benefitted from the market's recovery, and
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals