A new forecast by
Oil and gas, healthcare and banking make up the three largest portions of this year's expected payouts, making up £12.6bn, £10.4bn and £10bn respectively.
Despite the strength of the sector generally,
Special dividends are also expected to make up a significant portion of this year's total, with the one-off premiums raising the total to £81.82bn this year.
House builders are also expected to be among the sectors paying out more, given the rapid increase in property prices in the last year. Similarly, estate agents have benefitted from the market's recovery, and
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack