Meanwhile, the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) general index went up 1.65 per cent to end at 4,849.47.
The gains on DFM were supported by a 14.77 per cent increase in share prices of
The increase in
Most powerhouses in Dubai also ended the day in the green.
Correction in the market
"The DFM index reached its resistance of 4,590, but I am still not optimistic with this because the index relied on only
He added that the market blue chips such as Emaar, and
"I will be optimistic with the DFM index when it goes past 5,000 because this will indicate that there is real trade, and real purchasing power in the market," the analyst said.
Of the 32 stocks traded on DFM, 24 went up, four went down, and four remained unchanged. Of the 31 stocks traded on ADX, 17 advanced, 11 declined, and three remained flat.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire