McCartney, who turned 72 two weeks ago, looked none the worse for wear. He made no immediate reference to his absence. One oblique reference could have been his performance of the song, "On
He was briefly hospitalized in
Before his illness, McCartney last performed
McCartney opened with the Beatles' "Eight Days a Week." He wore black jeans and a sky blue blazer. When he took the jacket off four songs in, he joked that it was the only wardrobe change of the evening.
He paid tribute to former songwriting partner
McCartney's wife, Nancy, was on hand for the return. He dedicated his song "My Valentine" to her.
It's a busy year for McCartney, who marked the 50th anniversary of his first appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show" this winter, which marked the beginning of Beatlemania in
The other surviving ex-Beatle,
Most Popular Stories
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut