The yen rose to a 4-day high of 113.96 against the Swiss franc, from an early low of 114.40.
Moving away from early lows of 89.44 against the NZ dollar and 139.10 against the euro, the yen climbed to 2-day highs of 89.05 and 138.57, respectively.
The yen advanced to 174.88 against the pound, 95.80 against the Canadian dollar, 101.96 against the US dollar and 95.37 against the Australian dollar, from early lows of 175.33, 96.10, 102.21 and 95.60, respectively.
If the yen extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around 137.62 against the euro, 173.57 against the pound, 113.02 against the franc, 94.46 against the loonie, 88.20 against the kiwi, 101.15 against the greenback and 94.87 against the aussie.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers