Seen as a model in having microfinance institutions (MFIs) serve the majority rural farmers whom commercial banks have refused banking services,
Local microfinance personnel associated with
UTT Board Chairman, Mr Edmund Mkwawa officiated the launch of the weeklong training for 50 local finance personnel and said the most rural folks can only be served through MFIs.
Mr Mkwawa who is also Chairman of
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row