With the arrival of Ramazan, the rates of daily-use items have skyrocketed as profiteers and hoarders are hell bent on fleecing the consumers during the holy month.
The prices of edibles have already gone up. Vegetables, fruits, and all other basic commodities have witnessed 25 to 30 percent increase prices, increasing burden on the common man. Not only the prices of fruit and vegetables have gone up in Ramazan but also the prices of more than 20 other daily-use commodities like sugar, rice, pulses, chicken, beef and mutton have increased.
Like the past years, Nankana Sahib district administration has failed to control prices. The price lists issued by the local administration seem a showpiece in the shops since the shopkeepers are not following the fixed rates. The wholesalers and retailers, mostly of fruit and vegetables, are enjoying complete discretion and fleecing the consumers. The price of sugar has gone up by
Dates are available at
The prices of most of the vegetables including potato, onion, ginger, ladyfinger, cauliflower, black pepper, lemon, and cabbage also increased.
Similarly, the prices of apple, grapes, banana, mango, melon, and other fruits have increased by 30 to 40 percent.
The purchasers complained that “it is a yearly routine that before the start of Ramazan, the shopkeepers increase the prices of fruits and vegetables which is unnecessary and against the spirit of Islam”. Farmer
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say