The training prepares livestock producers to manage price and weather risk with federally subsidized insurance programs, said
Massey said topics vary slightly by location to address specific concerns in those areas. General topics include market booms and busts, weather spurts and sputters, and livestock leases. Farm bill program subjects include the Livestock Forage Disaster Program, the Livestock Indemnity Program and the Dairy Margin Protection Program.
Topics getting special attention include insurance programs overseen by the RMA: Pasture, Rangeland and Forage; Livestock Risk Protection; and Livestock Gross Margin. A new tool developed to help producers understand pasture, rangeland and forage insurance will be demonstrated.
Programs will be held in
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140704-4788599 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Israeli Criticism of Kerry Annoys White House
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Hobby Lobby Ruling Exempts Satanic Temple From Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs