The training prepares livestock producers to manage price and weather risk with federally subsidized insurance programs, said
Massey said topics vary slightly by location to address specific concerns in those areas. General topics include market booms and busts, weather spurts and sputters, and livestock leases. Farm bill program subjects include the Livestock Forage Disaster Program, the Livestock Indemnity Program and the Dairy Margin Protection Program.
Topics getting special attention include insurance programs overseen by the RMA: Pasture, Rangeland and Forage; Livestock Risk Protection; and Livestock Gross Margin. A new tool developed to help producers understand pasture, rangeland and forage insurance will be demonstrated.
Programs will be held in
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140704-4788599 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry