The investments will result in a significant increase in the production capacity of the plants located in SierakÓw and Jedlice. The new technology applied will enable the production of better quality, lighter glass containers, thus saving raw materials and energy in transportation. The modernisation process is expected to be completed by 2016.
The upgrade backed by the EIB loan will enhance the plants competiveness and long-term sustainability. It will also professionally activate local society by creating substantial indirect employment and maintaining around 640 direct jobs.
As the EIB strongly promotes environmentally friendly projects, both plants are energy efficient and the investment programme will implement the latest technology for glass furnace heating by using natural gas with electrical boosting. Moreover, the upgrade will allow for substantial reduction of water consumption through increased treatment and recycling in each plant.
The Bank s loan is providing financial value added to
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures