Musa yesterday said his coordinating programmes that will help pastoralist communities have defences against future droughts.
He said harmonisation of the regional project will ensure residents are able to respond promptly and effectively to crises.
Cardy said the
Livestock PS Khadija Kasachoon said the government approved Sh6.5 billion in the 2014-15 financial year to cushion residents in drought-prone areas against negative impact of adverse climate changes.
She said the programme will also include disease surveillance in arid and semi-arid lands.
They were speaking at the
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks