The provisional data from Destatis showed that
The euro was also weighed by comments from the
In the press conference post ECB meet on Thursday, Draghi told that the ECB is ready to deploy "unconventional measures," if it appears likely that the Eurozone's annual rate of inflation would remain low for longer than it had expected.
The President gave details of the targeted longer-term refinancing operations, or TLTROs, announced in June. Under the plan, financial institutions can borrow money from the ECB, totaling 7% of their total loans to households and the non-financial private sector.
The euro that ended Thursday's trading at 1.4556 against the aussie slipped to 1.4517. The next possible support for the euro-aussie pair lies around the 1.436 zone.
After moving broadly sideways in the Asian session, the euro edged down to 1.3597. On the downside, 1.35 is seen as next possible support level for the euro.
The euro depreciated by 0.2% to 0.7918 against the pound for the first time since
The single currency slipped to a 2-day low of 138.75 against the yen, down by 0.2% from Thursday's closing value of 139.07. Next key downside target for the euro-yen pair is seen around the 137.00 mark.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006