The provisional data from Destatis showed that
The euro was also weighed by comments from the
In the press conference post ECB meet on Thursday, Draghi told that the ECB is ready to deploy "unconventional measures," if it appears likely that the Eurozone's annual rate of inflation would remain low for longer than it had expected.
The President gave details of the targeted longer-term refinancing operations, or TLTROs, announced in June. Under the plan, financial institutions can borrow money from the ECB, totaling 7% of their total loans to households and the non-financial private sector.
The euro that ended Thursday's trading at 1.4556 against the aussie slipped to 1.4517. The next possible support for the euro-aussie pair lies around the 1.436 zone.
After moving broadly sideways in the Asian session, the euro edged down to 1.3597. On the downside, 1.35 is seen as next possible support level for the euro.
The euro depreciated by 0.2% to 0.7918 against the pound for the first time since
The single currency slipped to a 2-day low of 138.75 against the yen, down by 0.2% from Thursday's closing value of 139.07. Next key downside target for the euro-yen pair is seen around the 137.00 mark.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?