"Evidence from past disasters, both man-made and natural, in
"Effective communication plays a vital role in the planning, response and recovery of humanitarian emergency activities," he added.
IOM has developed Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials for disaster affected communities and host communities to promote health and to control communicable diseases.
For instance, through the
The two-day workshop is aimed at establishing a common understanding of the important role of communication in health humanitarian emergencies, at reaching a consensus on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges of communicating in emergencies, and to agree on actions, mechanisms and structures needed to enhance emergency communication in
The long-term goal of IOM health strategy in
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140705-30FurigayJane-4788976 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment