"The duty of the State is to protect these groups," Jomaa pointed out in a statement to the media after handing, on Friday, the supplementary finance bill to President of the National Constituent Assembly
This draft law whose objective is to remedy to the deficiencies in the 2014 budget, seeks to ensure a minimum level of financial balances, achieve tax justice, fight against smuggling and control government spending, he noted.
Jomaa said efforts have been made to put in place provisions reflecting all recommendations from the national economic dialogue, during which 35 meetings were held with the participation of experts, political parties and the government.
The prime minister said the dialogue resulted in proposals for the supplementary finance bill 2014 and the State budget 2015.
Emphasis was placed on the need to expedite the review of the bill by NCA commissions and its adoption at a plenary session.
The supplementary budget bill for the year 2014 was adopted by a Cabinet meeting on
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border