A new report suggests
This survey, conducted by IDG Connect on behalf of SAP Africa, highlighted the plentiful opportunities open to cloud service providers (CSPs).
The study, entitled, "Africa Set for Cloud Market Expansion, sets out the possibility for new revenue streams and business that will be accessible to CSPs that are targeting large enterprise customers during 2014 and 2015.
Many organisations within
This, as the economic outlook for the wider region looks strong, with the
According to the survey, the majority of organisations within
"There is however, a sizeable minority that has yet to formulate a cloud migration strategy on any meaningful scale," said
"Compared to other global regions such as
According to the IDG study,
Currently, fixed telecommunications infrastructure problems relating to the availability, reliability and security of wide area network and broadband links may be partly responsible for the relatively slow take up of cloud within
"Although the survey results paint a mixed picture for cloud service adoption in
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia