Increasingly, universities are thinking and behaving as service oriented businesses as they need to compete and attract fee paying students to their campuses, says
Developed using the latest HTML 5 technology, the softwares attractive and easy-to-use interface, combined with its ability to work on multiple devices, are two of the key attractions for universities that seek the latest in contemporary systems to demonstrate the commitment to student services. In addition, Sunrises capability for social media interaction will enable universities to provide support via channels such as
For many students
Sunrise allows Service Desks to proactively listen to social media channels, such as
At any point in the processing of a Service Request or Incident, the Service Desk can automatically send messages via their favoured social media channels informing the customer of progress so far. Service teams can then proactively broadcast the status of specific identified problems via social media channels.
Sunrise is in discussion with a number of other universities that are seeking to raise their standards of student support and join up their support and communication processes.
The software is browser based, making it easy and intuitive to use. It comes in several versions suitable for Customer Service departments that are speaking to external customers, IT departments providing technical and support services to the business, and other departments such as Facilities management and HR/Payroll that are providing services to staff and managing third party suppliers.
The software is available on-premise or as a Software as a Service/ Cloud solution and is used by numerous high profile organisations including Anglian Water, the NHS,
For more information please visit: www.sunrisesoftware.com
020 8391 9000
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor