BLUE-blooded fund manager
This was despite the firm losing out on £18m due to the strong pound, it added.
Shares fell 4.4 per cent after the £.4.8bn of products it sold to customers during the period failed to live up to expectations. Analysts were hoping inflows would be about 20 per cent higher.
Almost all of the inflows - around £4bn - came from so-called multi-asset fund products, which are a mixture of stocks, bonds and other assets.
Assets under management at the group now total £271.5bn.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route