BLUE-blooded fund manager
This was despite the firm losing out on £18m due to the strong pound, it added.
Shares fell 4.4 per cent after the £.4.8bn of products it sold to customers during the period failed to live up to expectations. Analysts were hoping inflows would be about 20 per cent higher.
Almost all of the inflows - around £4bn - came from so-called multi-asset fund products, which are a mixture of stocks, bonds and other assets.
Assets under management at the group now total £271.5bn.
Most Popular Stories
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board