Low-interest federal disaster loans are now available to certain private, nonprofit organizations (PNPs) in
SBA disaster assistance is now available in the
"PNP organizations should contact their county emergency manager to obtain information about local public assistance briefings," said
SBA may lend PNPs up to
For certain private, nonprofit organizations of any size, SBA offers Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDLs) to help meet working capital needs caused by the disaster. EIDLs may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that cannot be paid because of the disaster's impact. EIDL assistance is available regardless of whether the nonprofit suffered any property damage.
The interest rate is 2.625 percent with terms up to 30 years. The filing deadline to return applications for property damage is
Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA's secure Web site at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
Disaster loan information and application forms are also available from
TNS 30BautistaJude 140801-4815843 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton