The HSBC Purchasing Managers' Index rose to 51 in July from 49.1 in June. However, the latest figure remained below the long-run survey average of 51.9.
There was a solid increase in Russian manufacturing output in July. New orders rose for only the second time in eight months in July.
Manufacturers reported increased average input prices in July, partly linked to higher import costs. But it eased further to a 5-month low.
At the same time, output prices rose at the slowest rate since
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules