The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from the University of
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "Combining the proposed mechanism with a revolute joint whose axis passes through the RCM point to drive the whole mechanism out of the plane, the spatial RCM mechanisms to manipulate surgical tool in three dimension (3D) space can be obtained; and the 3D RCM mechanism can be used for manipulating multi-DOF instruments in a robot-assisted MIS or can be used as an external positioner in robotic single-port surgeries."
For more information on this research see: A Class of 2-Degree-of-Freedom Planar Remote Center-of-Motion Mechanisms Based on Virtual Parallelograms.
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy