The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from the University of
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "Combining the proposed mechanism with a revolute joint whose axis passes through the RCM point to drive the whole mechanism out of the plane, the spatial RCM mechanisms to manipulate surgical tool in three dimension (3D) space can be obtained; and the 3D RCM mechanism can be used for manipulating multi-DOF instruments in a robot-assisted MIS or can be used as an external positioner in robotic single-port surgeries."
For more information on this research see: A Class of 2-Degree-of-Freedom Planar Remote Center-of-Motion Mechanisms Based on Virtual Parallelograms.
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film