A middle aged man whose name was simply given as Oruma is now being detained by men of the state criminal investigation department (CID) of the Edo State Police Command for allegedly stabbing his friend, Eze, to death with a broken bottle over N2000 debt on Wednesday.
Eze is said to have died after failing to pay the N2000 loan he took from Oruma in June.
According to the report, Oruma had gone to demand his money from Eze on the fateful day. But on getting there, Eze, rather than pleading with his friend for patience, allegedly used rude languages on Oruma, resulting in a fight between both friends.
Oruma in the process was said to have grabbed a broken bottle and stabbed Eze on the neck. However, because of volume of blood gushing from Eze's wound, no vehicle agreed to take him to the hospital, as a result of which a Good Samaritan used a wheelbarrow to take him to the hospital. But before treatment could commence on Eze, according to an eyewitness, he died from excessive bleeding.
Confirming the incident, Edo state Police Public Relations Officer,
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'