"The partnership is a natural progression resulting from our existing partnership in nursing and is another good example of how a community college and technical college can improve access to a technical program without much additional cost or resources to either place," said
Students will start by taking 15 hours of course work on WATC's campus and getting a certificate of completion in IT Essentials. Once the students have successfully completed the certificate they will enroll in PCC's INT classes in either Witchita or
"The big advantage to having the certificate is that students are then employable," Varrientos said. "The associate's degree will allow them to have better opportunities to find a job with more difficult skills."
Varrientos said there will be some changes to the program from when PCC had it alone, including offering more courses and some changes to what general education courses are offered.
The program includes Computer and Network Hardware (Servers and Routers), Computer and Network Operating Systems and Protocols and Windows and Unix/Linux Operating Systems. Students can also expect to learn mobile computing systems, Cloud computing, web page design, programing and business ethics.
CC AutoTriage9as-140731-30FurigayJane-4815414 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models