The group said profit and revenue growth in the first-half was driven by growth from its existing estate along with the continued international roll out of its brands.
Revenue rose to
The group declared a maiden interim dividend as a listed company of
"The business is well placed as we approach the main summer trading period, with the recently opened attractions such as 'CBeebies Land' at
"Merlin continues to execute on its strategic growth drivers and we anticipate delivering further progress across the group over the balance of the year," he added.
During the period, the group relaunched its
It also opened its first Dungeon attraction in
The group said it invested
Merlin Entertainment Shares were up 0.4% at
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment