The Australian dollar fell to nearly a 2-month low of 0.9288 against the US dollar, from an early high of 0.9331.
Against the yen and the Canadian dollar, the aussie slipped to an 8-day low of 95.47 and a 5-day low of 1.0138 from early highs of 95.94 and 1.0175, respectively.
If the aussie extends its decline, it is likely to find support around 1.45 against the euro, 0.922 against the greenback, 95.03 against the yen and 1.00 against the loonie.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton