The Federal Government assured that it will hedge against the loss of millions of dollars in donor funding to HIV-AIDS support programmes, as hundreds of Nigerians living with the virus reel from the impact of the fund pull out.
The 2014 AIDS conference in
This move follows the passed anti same-sex marriage law in
Attempts get a clear position from the
Some western powers including
Some even called for more cuts to funding to nations like
The argument is that laws criminalizing a population like the gay community push them underground, reducing their demand for HIV-AIDS prevention and treatment services which increases risks and enables the spread of the virus.
The Australian government has cut foreign aid expenditure, some of which would go towards HIV prevention in the developing world.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8