"This new journal is timely as it reflects the tremendous growth in the field of biomaterials over the past decade and the importance of biomaterial designs on biological outcomes," says Kaplan. He is the Stern Family Endowed Professor of Engineering and chair of the
Globally, the market for biomaterials is expected to reach
Biomaterials research encompasses such diverse topics as using stem cells to build new tissues to treat disease and developing eco-friendly, biodegradable materials. Kaplan's own research focuses on biopolymer engineering, with an emphasis on biomaterials engineering, tissue engineering, molecular biology and regenerative medicine. The materials he studies include proteins, such as silks, collagens and elastins, with applications in stem cell technology and regenerative medicine.
ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, a monthly publication, will feature papers in the following key areas:
* New and modified biomaterials, as well as bioinspired and biomimetic approaches to biomaterials * Biomaterial interfaces for biology and health * Manufacturing, technology and tissues in the context of biomaterials * Modeling and informatics tools
"ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering will provide scientists from many disciplines with a publishing outlet for their work at the interface of biology and materials science and engineering," says
Manuscript submission will open in September.
For interviews and additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TNS 24KuanRap-140731 30FurigayJof-4814484 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays